Calendar of Events
- This event has passed.
3 Key Risk Assessments in Your ERM Program – ERM, IT, and Internal Controls
September 12 @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm EDT$249
This risk management training will first take you through a step-by-step process to develop strong Risk Assessments to address key areas of your institution. Then the presenter will specifically focus on three key Risk Assessments you must have as critical components of your ERM Program: the Enterprise Risk Management Risk Assessment, Information Technology Risk Assessment, and the Internal Controls Risk Assessment. You will walk away with practical tools and examples you can implement in your organization immediately.
This critical banking webinar is for participants who have a basic foundational knowledge of Enterprise Risk Management and are looking for specific examples on how to complete these 3 important Risk Assessments.
Part I: General Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) Program Management
- ERM quick overview of key definitions
- Three Key Phases of ERM and how Risk Assessments fit in
- The Risk Assessment Process
- Risk Assessment System (RAS)
- CAMELS Rating and How They Relate to Risk Assessments
- Top 8 Risks and Other Important Risks to Assess
- Annual Risk Assessments recommended and Areas Assessed
- ERM Risk Assessment Matrix – Will complete several of the major risks
Part II: Information Technology (IT) Risk Management
- Information Technology areas that need to be assessed
- Information Technology Risk Assessment
- Categories Included
- Complete example of the IT Risk Assessment using Template
Part III: Internal Controls Risk Management
- Internal Controls Risk Assessment
- List of Areas Assessed
- Categories included
- Complete example of several Areas Assessed using Internal Controls Risk Assessment Template
Who Should Attend:
This informative session is designed for Risk Managers, Chief Risk Officers, Compliance Officers, Chief Operating Officer, Chief Credit Officer, Internal Auditors, and the entire risk management team. Also, Board Directors who want to learn more about ERM and Risk Assessments, and Bank Presidents involved in the risk management process and their ERM program
$249 for Webinar and Playback*
Date of Events
Wednesday, September 12, 2018
About the Speaker(s)
Marci Malzahn is the president and founder of Malzahn Strategic, a community bank consultancy focused on strategic planning, enterprise risk management, and talent management. Marci has 23 years of banking experience, the last ten as the EVP/CFO/COO of a community bank she helped start where she oversaw all the bank operations areas. Marci is the recipient of a number of professional awards, is a published author of three books, and an international bilingual public speaker, speaking frequently at banking conferences and associations.