Calendar of Events
- This event has passed.
ACH Fundamentals 101, 201, 301 – 3 Part Webinar Series
August 29 @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm EDT
An event every day that begins at 2:00pm, repeating until August 30, 2018
Are you new to ACH, have some experience or you’ve been processing ACH transactions for many years, this 3-part bootcamp will cover details from the basics to the more complex issues when processing ACH transactions. Even if you’ve been processing ACH transactions forever, each part in this bootcamp will help you understand “the how” of the ACH network. There are operations staff who process ACH transactions each day but still don’t really know how the ACH network flows and details surrounding their day-to-day processes. Knowing the details makes it easier to resolve those issues that may be few and far-between, plus knowing “how” transactions move within the network helps identify possible solutions to specific issues as they arise.
In the entire 3-part ACH Webinar Bootcamp series, attendees will hear details on:
- History and basics of the ACH network, the flow of transactions, the five basic participants, their general responsibilities and roles
- Basic legal framework of the ACH network
- Common terminology and products/applications used
- Settlement vs. Funds Availability and how this pertains to Same Day ACH
- Overview on special processes within ACH (Stop Payments, Returns, NOCs)
- Timeframes for consumer to notify errors regarding EFT’s and financial institution’s responsibilities
- Regulation E – the Error Resolution Process
- Same Day ACH – Credits and Debits and how this is changing the ACH Network
- Reinitiation of Entries and the Reversal Process
- Recent 2017 NACHA Operating Rules Changes plus changes taking place in the near future
ACH 101 – Basics, Legal Framework and Participants
Tuesday, August 28, 2018
This session identifies the history, flow, basic legal framework and participant’s roles and responsibilities in the ACH network. Whether you’re new to ACH or possess a basic understanding of the network, this session will help identify the “how” of the way ACH Entries are processed and create a level-setting experience to continue on to Parts 201 and 301 in the bootcamp series.
ACH 201 – Exception handling, Stops, Prenotes, NOCs, DNEs and More
Wednesday, August 29, 2018
Each day there are exceptions when processing ACH files, some common exceptions and how to handle them will be explained in this session. Basic information on Stop Payments, Returns, Prenotes, Returns, NOCs (COR Entries), Federal Government ACH Processes relating to DNEs and Reclamations, including time-frames will be discussed.
Attendees in this important ACH webinar will walk away with information on the following:
ACH 301 – Advanced Issues and Challenges
Thursday, August 30, 2018
Advanced topics within this Advanced ACH Webinar will include basics of Reg E and the Error Resolution Process. Included will be Reversing files and Entries, and the details on the how and when for the ODFI relative to Reinitiation of Entries. Recent 2017 NACHA Operating Rules changes and any info on upcoming or approved Rules changes.
$549 for all 3 sessions plus playbacks*
NOTE: This event was previously recorded.
Credits per Session
Donna Olheiser AAP
About the Speaker
Donna, the Vice President of Education Services for Dynamic Mastership, is a Certified Master Trainer and an experienced Project Manager, with over 14 years’ experience managing education programs for organizations processing electronic payments and financial institutions operations areas. Prior to founding Dynamic Mastership 3 years ago, Donna served as the Education Services Director for UMACHA for 9 years. Donna began her career serving as Training and Development Specialist for the Federal Reserve Bank, Minneapolis
- August 29
2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
- Event Categories:
- ACH, Bank Compliance, Operations Policies and Procedures, Payments, Regulatory Compliance
- Event Tags:
- ach death notification entries, ach death reclamations, ach webinar, bank liability, benefit payments, deceased benefits, federal government, nacha operating rules
Differentiating between Underwriting for Credit versus Transactional Risk for ACH, RDC and Wire TransferNovember 28 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm EST
Consumer Lending Compliance 101, 201, 301: Laws, Regulations and Processing Requirements (3 Part Webinar Series)February 19, 2019 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm EST|Recurring Event (See all)
An event every day that begins at 12:00pm, repeating until February 21, 2019
FFIEC Guidance and Regulatory Expectations: Mitigating Cyber-attacks on ATM and Card Authorization SystemsDecember 13 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm EST