Calendar of Events
- This event has passed.
Elder Financial Exploitation Program: Documentation is Now a Regulatory Requirement!
December 14, 2017 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm EST$249
In March 2016, the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau published an Advisory for Financial Institutions on Recommendations for financial institutions on preventing and responding to elder financial exploitation. This guidance was published for the purpose of outlining how a financial institution should identify and respond to elder financial exploitation. Since this advisory, regulators have begun requesting financial institutions elder financial exploitation programs and requesting how financial institutions are responding to this type of crime. In addition, FinCEN also stresses to financial institutions to include elder financial exploitation on suspicious activity reports.
This hour and half online fraud prevention banking webinar will focus on three important areas of regulatory expectations as it relates to Elder Financial Exploitation:
- Fundamentals of Elder Financial Exploitation
- Best business practices for documenting your Elder Financial Exploitation Policy/Program
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) Regulatory Guidance from March 2016 and August 2016
- BSA/AML Regulatory expectations
- Financial institution training recommendations
- Best business practices for working with law enforcement and Department of Aging Services
$249 for Webinar and Playback*
Dates of Event
Thursday, December 14, 2017
Terri Sands AAP
Founder, Secura Risk Management