Calendar of Events
- This event has passed.
Key Lender Mistakes in Underwriting and Structuring Commercial Loans
January 30 @ 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm EST$249
Executive management and lenders often attribute portfolio loan problems to borrower mistakes or failures in management. Unfortunately, in many instances, it is the lenders who have contributed to the borrower’s problems.
This webinar will focus on key lender mistakes which precipitate or exacerbate portfolio loan problems.
The workshop will focus on the following mistakes and steps lenders can take to avoid them:
- Mistake 1: Failing to Distinguish Between a Temporary Investment in Current Assets and a Permanent Investment
- Mistake 2: Inappropriately Financing Working Capital
- Mistake 3: Putting the Customer in the Wrong Loan Product
- Mistake 4: Inappropriately Defining Cash Flow Available for Debt Service
- Mistake 5: Failing to Have a Structured Approach to Determine When to Say Enough is Enough i.e. Term Out a Line of Credit
- Mistake 6: Failing to Establish Expectations with the Customer
- Mistake 7: Over Reliance on Collateral and Guaranties
- Mistake 8: Multiple Exceptions/Variances to Approve a Loan
- Mistake 9: Failing to Provide Adequate Attention to the Bank’s Good Customers
Who should attend?
- Credit Analysts
- Credit Administration
- Loan Review and Special Assets Personnel
$249 for Webinar and Playback*
Dates of Event
Tuesday, January 30, 2018