Calendar of Events
Weighing Rules Compliance with Stop Payments and Unauthorized Entries
February 1 @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm EST$249
The NACHA Operating Rules have specifics for you to follow to be sure you comply with the Rules each time you help your account holder with their request(s), whether it’s a Stop Payment Request or Returning an ACH Unauthorized Entry.
Customer service and operations staff struggle each day with the question – “What does my account holder want me to do…Stop this payment, I never authorized this, return it, they revoked it, — what are my next steps?”
This 90-minute information-filled payments webinar covers everything you need to know about Stop Payments and doing Extended Return Entries (a.k.a. Unauthorized Returns, Authorization Revoked and Improper Entries). Timeframes will be covered, including the effects of Same Day additional windows to allow for a “Faster Return” process.
Details include when should you use a Stop Payment form, when to use a WSUD (Written Statement of Unauthorized Debit) – and what needs to be on each of those forms, and why, will be covered in this session.
Relying on the SEC Code when doing Returns is a big deal and will be addressed in this session – What is the SEC Code of the Entry you are Returning – will determine what Return Reason Code and the timeframe plus the paperwork needed or not.
This payments webinar will identify when to do what and why – plus scenarios to help apply the rules and processes discussed throughout the session.
- Elements required for the WSUD – according to the NACHA Operating Rules
- What is an unauthorized transaction, timeframe to return and when you need a completed and signed WSUD
- What is Authorization Revoked – What does this mean to me as a financial institution when returning an Entry?
- When do I use the Return reason code R07-Authorization Revoked?
- Warranties of the RDFI when transmitting Extended Return Entries
- Specific Rules regarding Stop Payments for consumer vs corporate accounts
- Timeframe for a Stop Payment (single and recurring entries)
- Responsibilities and warranties of the RDFI for Stop Payments
- Identify when to use a Stop Pay form and when a Written Statement of Unauthorized Debit (WSUD) is necessary
$249 for Webinar and Playback*
Dates of Event
Friday, February 1, 2019
About the Speaker
Donna, the Vice President of Education Services for Dynamic Mastership, is a Certified Master Trainer and an experienced Project Manager, with over 14 years’ experience managing education programs for organizations processing electronic payments and financial institutions operations areas. Prior to founding Dynamic Mastership 3 years ago, Donna served as the Education Services Director for UMACHA for 9 years. Donna began her career serving as Training and Development Specialist for the Federal Reserve Bank, Minneapolis.
February 28 @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm EST
ACH/RDC Regulatory Credit Training: Exposure Limits, Periodic Reviews, and Regulatory Risk ExpectationsJanuary 24 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm EST
January 28 @ 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm EST